Thursday, February 21, 2008

We Have Arrived in Australia


After 36 hours, over 10,000 miles, 4 airports, a hired sedan ride and a pickup by Tim, we have arrived at the Nagy's home in Sydney Australia. Rachel and I are really struggling today, as we had to make an unexpected trip to Grundy, VA to attend my grandmother's (Dad's mom) funeral. That resulted in only 3 hours sleep the night before our flight. For those who are not aware of the space constraints of a modern United Airlines 747, let me tell you that it is not easy for someone of my height and girth to sleep on one of those babies. WE ARE TIRED!!!
As I mentioned, Tim picked us up at the airport this morning and took us back to their apartment. It is amazing. It is only 2 blocks off of Sydney Harbor. Their apartment is on the 29th floor, so it has spectacular views. After cleaning up from our flight, Rachel and I walked down to the Harbor and had lunch at a cafe. We both had veggie burgers, which are somewhat different from veggie burgers in the States. This one had some ginger and spicy peanut sauce. I liked it.

After lunch, we took some pictures from the Harbor of the Sydney Bridge, which we will climb on Wednesday and of the Opera House. The Opera House is much bigger than what I expected. Having seen it on TV, I didn't realize just how long it would take to walk around it.

This evening, we are heading to the Hunter Valley area with Tim and Liz for the weekend.

3 comments:

Mark said...

Sorry to hear about your grandma. Looks like you're in for an amazing vacation. Looking forward to future posts.

Erin said...

Have a great time down under...Schwie

Will said...

Steve-Sorry about your grandmother.

Enjoy your trip. The Kennedys don't lack for fun in their life.