Monday, May 19, 2008

Laddy's and Amy's Visit to Philadelphia



By popular request, here is a "somewhat" up-to-date subject. Congratulations to Laddy, Amy and Mark Clark for being the firt non-family members to come visit us in Philadelphia!!! They made it up to see us in mid-April.

Everyone seemed to have a good time. After some killer Boston-style pizza and Guitar Hero III on Friday night, we headed into the city on Saturday. Traffic was bad, as I forgot that Barack Obama was having a rally on Independence Mall. We managed to find parking and go to Reading Terminal for lunch. The boys got Philadelphia Cheese-steaks from Rick's, while the girls got the 7-Cheese Macaroni at Delilah's Downhome Cooking (featured in a Bobby Flay Throw-Down on Food Network).

After lunch, I dropped everyone off at the Rocky Statue for pictures. We have great video footage of Amy running the stairs as Laddy hummed the Rocky theme in the background, butI was threatened if I posted it. We then headed to the Franklin Institute for the Star Wars Meets Technology Exhibit.

After a drive by Boat House Row, we ate dinner at The Lucky Dog, which is mine and Rachel's favorite pub. It is where the Rohm and Haas Boyz and I play trivia every Tuesday. Not the typical pub, they actually have an excellent food menu. Rachel and I love their penne pasta with sundried tomatoes and artichoke hearts.


Reflections - PREDICTIONS

Now that I have been publically criticized by the comments of several blog readers (OK, 2 of them that probably had to have their wives read the blog to them), I thought I should confirm that Rachel and I are, in fact, back from Australia. You will have to endure a few more Australia blogs, as we are using the blog to document the trip.

In light of their attempt at humor, I am providing some predictions of things to come:

1) Put your money in Enron. It is a hot energy stock in Texas. This one can't miss.
2) 2006 is going to be the year Tennessee Football wins its next football National Championship. Coming off a strong freshman year, Eric Ainge can't miss. The guy is a fierce competitor who just won't quit.
3) Watch "Newlyweds - Nick and Jessica". It is a truly thought-provoking show, and it is obvious that they are truly in love and will be together forever.
4) Short petroleum futures. There's no money to be made there. With the rich oil reserves of our friends the Saudis and Kuwaitis, I doubt we will ever see oil much over $50 per barrel.
5) As I have said many times, Rohm and Haas has been good to me, but they will never get Rachel and I to move to Philadelphia.

3 comments:

Erin said...

Welcome back to the US! Glad you made it home safely.

Schwie

Mark said...

Good stuff. I like the Auzzie blogs but it is good to read something that happened somewhat recently. Nice sarcasm i the reflections, too.

Bill said...

Welcome Home!?!

Don't count out the Giants in the Super Bowl though...