Thursday, September 4, 2008

Jennifer Kain's Wedding




Rachel and I flew to Nashville for Labor Day Weekend to attend Jennifer Kain's wedding (to Jasper). This is a picture of the infamous "Pigg and the Gang" (L-R Sara Pigg Walker, Jennifer Kain Richardson, Rachel Kennedy and Becky Sexton).


The crew, all friends from Physical Therapy School at Belmont University, also attended a bridal brunch Saturday morning. This was good, as it allowed me to watch college football in the afternoon.


The wedding was held at a Presbyterian Church in Brentwood, TN and was one of the most beautiful services I have ever attended. The reception was at a country club near by and was very classy. (Sarah and Brian Walker are shown dancing here, as Brian fulfills his obligation of "one dance").


My bride and I at the wedding reception.


The Groom's Cake was absolutely amazing. It has Reese's Cups all around it. It was the most magnificent cake I have ever seen, probably because I am a huge fan of peanut butter and chocolate.


The Wedding Cake was gorgeous, too. It was a strawberry cake and was absolutely delicious.


On Sunday, Becky and Sara came over to the house to swim. Kristen Lee and Rachel's best friend, Rachel Bomar Jerrell, also came over. The pudgy girl pictured here with my Rachel is Rachel Bomar Jerrell (she is pregnant, in case you are an idiot). It is hilarious because she hasn't gained weight anywhere except in her belly. She looks like a watermelon on toothpicks. Sadly, she can run stairs faster than I can.


Sunday evening, Rachel, Kristen and I met Rachel's sister, Heather, for dinner in East Nashville. We ate at a Mexican restaurant called Rose Pepper's. It was really good. It was great to see Heather.




Here I am, chillin' with the ladies.

REFLECTIONS - TOBY THE WONDER DOG

Rachel's parents took in a stray dog a few months ago. Promptly given all vaccination and named "Toby", this little dog has a lot of spunk and personality. He is quite entertaining. The vet estimates that he is about a year old.

The two videos below show Toby at his finest. In the first, Dr. Hargis dodges so Toby can fetch his tennis ball.



In this vid, Toby shows his mad catching skills.

4 comments:

Will said...

Dude.

You just dedicated an entire blog post to discussing a wedding.

I don't even know who you are anymore.

Unknown said...

Way to go, Steve. Not many men would post on a wedding, I guess. You must be a REAL MAN. But I am disappointed the diving board incident was not reflected upon. That has now moved to the top of my list of all-time favorite memories of Steve. :)

becky said...

Hey Steve,
Great job on this post and thanks for including pigg and the gang.

Bill said...

Thanks for the breakdown of your superstitions. Just what I was looking for. Not sure why these other slackers couldn't step up like SK.

We're all looking for a lucky shirt brother, keep looking...