Sunday, June 29, 2008

This Weekend - Golf



Saturday morning, I played golf for the first time in five years. Many of you, who read this blog, have seen me play golf before. It helps explain why I have not played in 5 years. In fact, Rachel and I lived on a golf course in Chicago; I did not play it either.

Saturday, I played at Horsham Valley Golf Club with the two gentlemen pictured here. You may recognize them from my trivia blog in the fall of last year. Rob Jeter (left) was the North American Region Supply Chain Scheduler for Rohm and Haas. He just got promoted to a special project leading our footprint adjustment project (you may have read in the news that we are closing a couple of plants in North America - Rob will lead the product transitions from those plants to other plants). In trivia, Rob is our master of all things music.

Tim Callahan (right) is the lone non-Rohm and Haaser on our trivia team. Tim also hooked me up with a softball team this year (he is a vacuum cleaner at shortstop). He is also the best golfer in our threesome on Saturday.

Ironically, I played better Saturday than I played when I stopped four years ago (Shaggy and Carver will tell you that this is not any kind of accomplishment because I was SOOO bad). I shot a respectable 87, and I played the best 9-holes of my life on the back 9, where I shot a 40. I hit the ball pretty well and managed to stay out of trouble for the most time. The most important thing is that I had a good time with the guys. We were supposed to have a fourth, but Josh Rupe bailed on us at the last minute.

1 comment:

Will said...

87? An 87? I'm supposed to believe that? Did you deem any shot within 100 yards as a "gimme?'